Here are my works for the second week of the course Design 1o1 Redux on iversity; the theme was “My mind” and we concentrated on storytelling through collages made with mobile apps. This was my first time working with digital collage, and at the beginning I admit it wasn’t easy having to work on my phone’s display but, time after time, I started to have fun and the results arrived in consequence.
The daily tasks were:
- #FlowItShowIt: to tell a story about something we hate through the collage technique
- #FactorOfConduction: to focus on our body and to create a collage telling about a feeling
- #LiveInHangzou: to focus on our hands and to tell a story about our past
- #FlexibilityOfThings: to tell a story about our personal landscape seen from above
- #AstralDance: to tell a story about our future with a collage
- Alle the collage were created with PicCollage for Android. Only the third has been adjuested with a desktop software to adapt it better to Instagram default size, al the others are exactly as they were on the phone’s display.
- #FlowItShowIt: the thing I hate is departures.
- #FactorOfConduction: “the big perhaps”, the feeling I wanted to express is maybe, uncertainty.
- #LiveInHangzou: the story of my past is “the day I decided to end my life as I knew it and to run living it somewhere else”.
- #FlexibilityOfThings: I think no explaination is needed here 🙂 Anyway I feel to advice you to watch a Ted Talk that was among the daily sparks and that I loved: it’s Philippe Petit’s “The journey across the high wire”
- #AstralDance: my future is to get lost in ink.
Thanks to teachers and collagues for the continous encouragement, I’m learning a lot thanks to this course! I love it!
You can follow me live on my Instagram profile: @Maettina